Updated 9/1/2020: As part of the Medical School Research Reactivation, the Advanced Genomics Core ramped up operations on Monday, June 8th and sample acceptance resumed on June 15th. We now offer all services at a reduced capacity. To read more about AGC Ramp-up operations, please check out this page.
For the latest Advanced Genomics Core updates, including new operating procedures, please visit the BRCF Research Reactivation Guidelines.
The Advanced Genomics Core
mission is to facilitate research in cutting-edge fields of genetics and genomics by implementing complex technologies. Chief among these is “next generation” sequencing (NGS), which has revolutionized research in virtually all biological fields in the past decade. By housing NGS and companion genomic technologies in a single facility, we provide a centralized expertise in advanced methods that enables all researchers to effectively exploit them for making scientific discoveries.
- 10X Genomics User Group Meeting Goes Virtual: 10X Genomics is hosting an Americas Virtual User Group Meeting with single cell and spatial transcriptomics talks spread over a span of three weeks. Click here for registration information!
- Old Sanger Data: Sanger data files generated by the AGC will be available by request until December 1, 2020. Click here for details on how to request old Sanger files.
- Remote Drop-off Update: Samples at the AGC remote drop off locations at MSRB II and NCRC dock 90 are picked up daily between 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Sanger Sequencing Update: Procurement Services is pleased to announce that Eurofins is now a contract supplier on the University’s M-marketsite ordering platform. Their punch-out catalog will enable you to quickly and conveniently place your Sanger Sequencing orders via M-marketsite. The new catalog is located in the Lab and Research Supplies showcase. Instructions detailing how to place orders can be found on Eurofins Procurement page.
- Want 110 terabytes of free, secure, online and replicated storage? How about 60 months of computing? Even better: how about hands-free, fast-as-can-be delivery of your data from the AGC? Check out the latest news from Academic IT on the Research Computing Package. Work with your friendly neighborhood HITS folks to get your lab set up, and let us know on your next submission. We’ll push data directly to your Turbo storage area when your sequencing data is complete!
- New to NGS? Illumina has some great pre-recorded webinars that can help you get started. Here’s a great one about planning your first sequencing project.
Advanced Genomics and Bioinformatics Cores Team up to Streamline RNA-Seq Analysis
Quick Facts Extended deliverables will mean: Better integration/coordination between AGC and Bioinformatics Core More QC metrics available to researchers Cheaper/faster downstream analysis Options to analyze independently (RNA-Seq differential analysis workshop coming soon) The BRCF Advanced Genomics Core (AGC) and Bioinformatics …Services DNA Blog Posts
Advanced Genomics Core Becomes 10x Genomics Visium Certified Service Provider
The University of Michigan’s Advanced Genomics Core (AGC) has recently become a Certified Service Provider (CSP) of the 10x Genomics spatial transcriptomics platform known as Visium. This unique opportunity has been extended only to a few select institutions in the …DNA Blog Posts Breaking News