Initiating a Request
All AGC services are requested in MiCores. Services are initiated by type:
- Library Prep and Next Generation Sequencing (core-prep) – RNA or DNA submissions for Illumina library prep generation and next generation sequencing.
- Next Generation Sequencing (client-prep) – Illumina libraries or library pools ready for final quality control and next generation sequencing.
- Single Cell Processing (single-cell) – single cell suspension submission for 10X Genomics single cell processing and next generation sequencing.
- Spatial Analysis (spatial) – slide submission for 10X Genomics Visium processing and next generation sequencing.
- Nucleic-Acid Quality Control (qc-only) – RNA or DNA submission for qubit and tapestation analysis only.
- Genotyping (bead-array) – DNA submissions for Illumina BeadArray processing and scanning.
- Expression Arrays (exp-array) – RNA submissions for OpenArray mRNA or miRNA processing.
- Quantitative Real-time PCR (7900) – Ready to run qPCR plate submission for loading on the ABI 7900.
- Covaris Shearing (shear) – Acoustic shearing using the Covaris S2
A service-specific form will open that asks you a few questions, including sample details, about your request. Please complete the form and include any specific requirements in the client notes section. Save the form, select your shortcode for billing, and submit the request to the core.
Estimated charges will be populated in your request by the AGC. You will receive two automated emails: one from MiCores asking you to approve the financials, and a second from the AGC which will include your assigned sample numbers and drop-off instructions.
The Advanced Genomics Core works with many external labs. If you are interested in working with us, a signed service agreement needs to be executed between your institution and the University of Michigan. You will also need to have a MiCores account and a valid PO on file before samples can be submitted. To register for a MiCores account:
- Register for an account at https://umich.corefacilities.org/account/login
- Once an email is received stating you have access to MiCores/iLabs return to the URL and login
- Request access to the desired Core
- After you receive access to the Core:
- Complete all contact information
- For the lab/company requesting the service
- Institution/Company’s Accounts Payable address to receive/pay invoice.
- Enter your payment information in the ‘Purchase Order’ field, enter your PO# and attach the PO document. If you do not yet have a PO#, simply type ‘purchase order’ and update with the PO# when available in order for work to begin.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for project estimates and completing the service agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact the core about a service request?
Please do not directly email the core. To contact us about a specific service request, you just need to add a comment to your MiCores request. Click on the blue arrow to open the request, scroll down to the bottom, and click on the add comment link. Type your questions/comments and then click on “send message”. This automatically generates an email to us! Staff will respond via your request.
How do I find attachments in my MiCores request?
To download attachments, you will need to log into your MiCores request. Click on the blue arrow on the left to open the request. Scroll down to the bottom. The attachment section is located in the lower right corner of the request.
Can I change my shortcode?
Shortcodes are selected by the customer at the time a request is initiated. At any time before completion of the request, you can update your billing shortcode by clicking on the $ sign within the request. Access to shortcodes is controlled by the PIs. Information for assigning shortcodes can be found here: https://sharepoint.umich.edu/sites/MiCORES/Pages/Principal-Investigators.aspx.