I made a mistake entering my sample! How can I correct it?
Correcting or Editing Samples Previously Submitted
While your sample is waiting in the queue, you can go back to it and edit it to correct mistakes. You can, for example, add a Center discount, add or remove primers, change the priority to ‘Rush’, or alter the name. You can even delete the sample entirely if you decide you no longer want it sequenced.
To Edit or Delete a submitted sample, use the View/Edit/Delete Samples from the Submit Samples Menu:
- Connect to our website.
- Click on the View/Edit/Delete Samples under the Submit Samples menu (or click the link above).
- You will be asked your PI’s login and your own login (these are usually just last names), and PI’s password.
- If you have samples currently waiting for processing, they will be displayed in the resulting page after you have entered your Submission ID number or sample number(s).
You may click on any sample number to do the following:
- Get complete information about that sample (DNA name, date submitted, status, primer(s), etc.).
- Edit any of the above information.
- Remove (delete) selected sample(s) that will not be submitted