Sample Preservation Freezer Facility
Archive small quantities of irreplaceable research specimens
The Sample Preservation Freezer Facility is now the Archive Biorepository at NCRC
The BRCF Sample Preservation Freezer Facility has been merged into a new Archive Biorepository (ABR) run by the UMMS Central Biorepository (CBR). The facility is intended to provide secure, long-term storage of archival or backup research specimens in case of a disastrous loss of material at the investigator’s primary storage site.
The new facility is located at the North Campus Research Complex and features:
- -80°C freezers with dual compressors
- Electricity back-up (generators and battery UPS)
- Pre-chilled, empty backup freezers
- Plumbed liquid CO2 in case of compressor failure
- Continuous monitoring via the TempTrak system and CBR’s 24/7 staff coverage
- Each box of specimens will be tracked with CBR’s LIMS
- Courier service to facilitate transfer of specimens to and from NCRC
- Accreditation by the College of American Pathologists Biorepository Accreditation program.
For more information about the Archive Biorepository, contact:
Joe Paulauskis, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Central Biorepository
Advances in Single Cell Genomics (Great Lakes Webinar Series)
The University of Michigan Advanced Genomics Core and 10x Genomics present: Great Lakes Webinar Series Advances in Single Cell Genomics On-line sessions daily May 5th through May 8th, 2020 Join us for an engaging week of presentations from a diverse …Event Breaking News
A Moment With David Adams of the Flow Cytometry Core
This week, we caught up with David Adams, Managing Director of the Flow Cytometry Core. Mr. Adams has served as Director of the core since 2001. He has been responsible for core facility operations and administration and has been involved …Uncategorized Staff Services Breaking News