Sample Preservation Freezer Facility
Archive small quantities of irreplaceable research specimens
About the Sample Preservation Freezer Facility
The Sample Preservation Freezer Facility allows researchers to archive small quantities of irreplaceable research specimens in case of a disastrous loss of material at the investigator’s primary storage site. Providing secure, long-term storage, the Freezer Facility comprises -80°C freezers with emergency backup power. The site and each individual freezer is locked and protected by an alarm system.
- Dedicated site with an emergency backup power generator; a separate cooling system is also tied into the backup generator.
- Backup freezer(s) are kept cold to facilitate a transfer of materials in the event of equipment failure.
- Locked entry to the site and separate locks for each individual freezer.
- The site is protected by an alarm system linked to the University’s Facilities Maintenance department.
- Restricted Access limited to the Principal Investigator or designee, and only when escorted by BRCF staff.
Sample Preservation Freezer Facility by the Numbers
Recharge Activity (FY17)
Explore Advanced Applications Using the Ze5 Cell Analyzer
Training Hosted by Bio-Rad & the Flow Cytometry Core Join Bio-Rad Field Application Specialist Xiaoti Guo, Ph.D., as we explore some advanced applications using the ZE5 Flow Cytometer. This technology allows researchers to push the limits of conventional flow cytometry. …Training Instrumentation
DNA Sequencing Core Symposium: Honoring Bob Lyons
DNA Sequencing Core Faculty Director Bob Lyons, Ph.D., is ending his stellar 23-year career at the University of Michigan on Thursday, November 8 with a symposium. Join us in celebrating his retirement. The event will include: Remarks from Steve Kunkel, …Event
Welcome the NovaSeq 6000
The NovaSeq 6000 combines 2 color SBS chemistry with the nanowell patterned flow cell. There are four flow cells options, SP, S1, S2, and the S4. There are two different ways to load the Flow cell, individual lane loading (XP) …Services Instrumentation DNA Blog Posts
Meet Roland: Vector Core’s Newest Member
Roland Hilgarth, Ph.D. In August, Roland Hilgarth, Ph.D., joined the Vector Core as a Research Lab Specialist Lead. While growing up in St. Louis, MO, he often found himself in his parent’s garden, studying bugs and determining which could help, …Staff Breaking News