Sample Preservation Freezer Facility
The Sample Preservation Freezer Facility is now the Archive Biorepository at NCRC
The BRCF Sample Preservation Freezer Facility has been merged into a new Archive Biorepository (ABR) run by the UMMS Central Biorepository (CBR). The facility is intended to provide secure, long-term storage of archival or backup research specimens in case of a disastrous loss of material at the investigator’s primary storage site.
The new facility is located at the North Campus Research Complex and features:
- -80°C freezers with dual compressors
- Electricity back-up (generators and battery UPS)
- Pre-chilled, empty backup freezers
- Plumbed liquid CO2 in case of compressor failure
- Continuous monitoring via the TempTrak system and CBR’s 24/7 staff coverage
- Each box of specimens will be tracked with CBR’s LIMS
- Courier service to facilitate transfer of specimens to and from NCRC
- Accreditation by the College of American Pathologists Biorepository Accreditation program.
For more information about the Archive Biorepository, contact:
Joe Paulauskis, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Central Biorepository
Access to old AGC Sanger data
The Michigan Advanced Genomics Core stopped performing Sanger Sequencing and Fragment Analysis in mid-March, 2020. Consequently, Sanger data from the AGC will be available until December 1, 2020, at which time it will be permanently deleted from our system. This grace …DNA Blog Posts
Dana Dolinoy Awarded Grant from NIEHS RIVER Program
This article was originally published on RogelCancerCenter.org on June 24, 2020. Dana Dolinoy, Ph.D., received a $6.9 million R35 award from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. The award is granted from the NIEHS Revolutionizing Innovative, Visionary Environmental Health …Case Studies & Research Profiles Breaking News