Sample Preservation Freezer Facility
Archive small quantities of irreplaceable research specimens
About the Sample Preservation Freezer Facility
The Sample Preservation Freezer Facility allows researchers to archive small quantities of irreplaceable research specimens in case of a disastrous loss of material at the investigator’s primary storage site. Providing secure, long-term storage, the Freezer Facility comprises -80°C freezers with emergency backup power. The site and each individual freezer is locked and protected by an alarm system.
- Dedicated site with an emergency backup power generator; a separate cooling system is also tied into the backup generator.
- Backup freezer(s) are kept cold to facilitate a transfer of materials in the event of equipment failure.
- Locked entry to the site and separate locks for each individual freezer.
- The site is protected by an alarm system linked to the University’s Facilities Maintenance department.
- Restricted Access limited to the Principal Investigator or designee, and only when escorted by BRCF staff.
Sample Preservation Freezer Facility by the Numbers
Recharge Activity (FY17)
Cores Technology & Services Showcase
Save the date for 2018 Cores Technology & Services Showcase!Event
Biomedical Innovation Cup 2018
Join Fast Forward Medical Innovation as teams of biomedical researchers take the stage to pitch their innovations to the “sharks” of the investment world at the Michigan Growth Capital Symposium. Details: RSVP for this FREE event The path to market …Event
In Focus: Islet 1’s Surprising Role in Pituitary Development
Featuring Dr. Sally Camper, Professor of Human Genetics and Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School By Julie Power, BRCF Administrative Specialist Sally Camper, Ph.D. Sally Camper, Ph.D. is a Professor of Human Genetics and Internal Medicine at the University …Research Profiles
Core Expert User Award Winner 2018 Announced
Congratulations to Sundeep Kalantry, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Human Genetics The BRCF is pleased to announce the 2018 Core Expert User Award Winner: Sundeep Kalantry, Ph.D. Dr. Kalantry is an Associate Professor in Human Genetics and has worked with multiple Cores in the BRCF, …Breaking News