- This event has passed.
Explore New Technologies at the BRCF Genomics Showcase
June 13, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Join the BRCF for a Genomics Showcase on Thursday, June 13 to explore the rapidly evolving technologies, applications, and platforms available in the genomics space, including single cell analysis, ATAQ-Seq, epigenetics, high-throughput sequencing applications, and more.
Thursday, June 13, 2019
Palmer Commons, 4th Floor
Speaking Sessions begin at 9:30 AM
Lunch and information tables open at 11:30 AM
The Showcase will explore multiple topics, including presentations such as:
- 9:30 AM: “Single-cell transcriptomics to improve understanding and treatment of congenital and traumatic musculoskeletal disease”
- Opening Remarks and Core Expert User Award Winner Presentation with Benjamin Levi, MD, Assistant Professor, Plastic Surgery; Director, Burn, Wound and Regenerative Medicine Laboratory, U-M Medical School
- 10:30 AM: “Experimental Design and Considerations in Single Cell Sequencing”
- with Steven Hoffman, Segment Marketing Manager for Single Cell Sequencing, Illumina
- 11:30 AM: “Early-Life Environment and the Epigenome: The NIEHS TaRGET II Consortium”
- with Laurie Svoboda, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, U-M School of Public Health
- 12:30 PM: “Integrated single cell analysis: simultaneous measurement of gene expression, cell surface immunophenotype, and immune cell clonotype”
- Brian Parkin, MD, Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, U-M Medical School
- 1:30 PM: “Gain A Multidimensional View of Complex Systems”
- Michael Schnall-Levin, VP Product, R&D and Strategy, 10x Genomics
Join the following cores and partner vendors:
- 10x Genomics
- Bioinformatics Core
- Advanced Genomics Core
- Flow Cytometry Core
- Biomedical Research Store
- Health Information Technology and Services (HITS)
- Central Biorepository
- Data Office for Clinical & Translational Research
- and more!
Lunch and light breakfast refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP to reserve your spot. Hope to see you there!