- This event has passed.
Cores Technology & Services Showcase
June 7, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
Save the date for the Biomedical Research Core Facilities Technology and Services Showcase! The Showcase brings together the BRCF and dozens of our partner vendors, so you can explore the latest technology and services available in biomedical research, all in one place.
This year’s keynote presentation will feature Sundeep Kalantry, Ph.D., Associate Professor, human Genetics, as our Core Expert User Award winner! Join us from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in Forum Hall as Dr. Kalantry presents his research, regarding the “Epigenetic Basis of Random X-chromosome Inactivation.”
RSVP here to let us know you’ll attend, and to reserve your lunch!
The Showcase will also include:
- FREE lunch from Pizza House
- Giveaways and prizes, including a free tote bag at check-in for the first 250 attendees
- Dozens of tables featuring BRCF Cores and our partners! The Exhibit Hall will be open 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Speaking sessions at 1:00 PM: “Explore New Products & Services at the Vector Core: Viral Vectors, Plasmid Construction, and Repository” with Vector Core Director, Tom Lanigan, Ph.D., and at 1:30 PM: “Mouse Embryo Cryopreservation” with Transgenic Animal Model Core Director, Thom Saunders, Ph.D. (Forum Hall)
Our featured vendors and units include:
- Central Biorepository
- Data Office
- EMD Millipore
- Health Information & Technology Services (HITS)
- Integrated DNA Technologies
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research (MICHR)
- New England Biolabs
- Procurement Services
- Sony Biotechnology Inc.
- Swift Biosciences
- Takara Bio
- 10x Genomics
- Thermo Fisher
As well the following BRCF Cores:
- Bioinformatics Core
- Biomedical Research Store
- DNA Sequencing Core
- Epigenomics Core
- Flow Cytometry Core
- Metabolomics Core
- Microscopy & Image Analysis Laboratory
- Proteomics & Peptide Synthesis Core
- Transgenic Animal Model Core
- Vector Core