- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Microscopic Optical Imaging Workshop Day 1
February 26 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join Microscopy Core Director Aaron Taylor, Ph.D. for a two-day, afternoon workshop that aims to provide attendees with an understanding of the principles of how commonly-encountered light and electron microscope designs create an image. No prior knowledge of imaging is required. This course is intended for researchers who often use microscopes and would like to understand how they work so that they can use them more efficiently and effectively.
Tuesday, February 26 and Wednesday, February 27
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM both days
Medical Science Building 2, 3813/3817 Combo
Enrollment is limited to 30 participants, so register today!
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Conceptual overview of ray optics
- Conceptual overview of wave optics
- Optical properties of biological materials
- Image formation in wide-field microscopes
- Bright-field, DIC, phase, epifluorescence, and TEM
- Image formation in point-scanning microscopes
- Confocal, multiphoton, and SEM
- Overview of super-resolution microscopy
- PALM/STORM, SIM, STED
- Overview of light sheet microscopy
Questions? Contact Aaron Taylor at email@example.com.