- This event has passed.
Key Concepts in Microscopic Optical Imaging Day 2
March 17 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$80
An overview of the optical principles behind how common light and electron microscope designs create an image. Intended for researchers who often use microscopes and would like to understand the physical principles behind how microscopes work so that they can use them more efficiently and effectively. No prior knowledge of imaging is required. Time commitment: 8 hours. Offered once per year. Cost: $80.
March 16-17, 2020, 1:00 – 5:00 PM, Med Sci II Rm 2710. Register here.
- Conceptual overview of ray optics
- Conceptual overview of wave optics
- Optical properties of biological materials
- Image formation in wide-field microscopes (LM and EM)
- Image formation in point-scanning microscopes (LM and EM)
- Overview of super-resolution microscopy
- Overview of light sheet microscopy