In following the guidance from Michigan Medicine and the University of Michigan, the BRCF Bioinformatics Core staff are working remotely. We do not anticipate this affecting the overall capacity of the core nor will it impact the work on your project. Until we return to campus, we are happy to arrange touchpoints with you via phone or videoconference at your convenience. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns by contacting email@example.com.
is the development and application of computational tools and methods to biological or biomedical research data including acquisition, storage, organization, analysis, or visualization of data.
We will meet with you to discuss the types of analysis and support bioinformatics can provide and help design experiments so that analysis is possible.
We work with researchers to provide analysis of high-throughput sequencing, gene expression, metabolomics, proteomics, and other biological data.
Follow Up Meeting
Following the delivery of results, we meet with researchers (faculty, staff, post-docs and graduate students) to answer follow up questions.
*To facilitate communication, please include key experimental details including data type (RNA, DNA, single-cell, etc.), species, the expected number of samples, and the timeline for sample submission in all requests.
What We Do
- Application development – help develop custom applications to enhance research through web applications for data analysis, custom pipelines, databases and/or visualization, and web services interfaces to large databases, and custom analysis tools.
- Bioinformatics Analysis – We work with researchers (faculty, staff, post-docs, and graduate students) to provide analysis of their high-throughput sequencing, gene expression, metabolomics, proteomics, and other biological data.
- Consulting prior to experiments – We will meet with you to discuss the types of analysis and support bioinformatics can provide and help design experiments so that analysis is possible. We can help with grant proposals to incorporate bioinformatics data analysis in your research plan. This also demonstrates that we have the capability to perform the analysis. We will also prepare letters of support for your proposal.
- Data analysis for genome resequencing, ChIP-Seq transcription factor analysis, RNA-Seq analysis, de novo assembly, metagenomic sequencing, cancer data analysis, and gene set enrichment analysis. We perform the analysis and meet with you to report back the results.
- Training – although not currently deployed, we will be developing training programs to assist researchers in learning the computational tools that can be translated back to their labs.
Zeiss Lattice Light Sheet Microscope Installed September 14th
The BRCF Microscopy Core is installing a Zeiss Lattice Light Sheet Microscope on September 14th, which was funded by the Biosciences Initiative. Lattice light sheet uses a thin sheet of light (0.5-1.0 um waist) to rapidly and gently collect high-resolution fluorescence …Services Instrumentation Breaking News
Access to old AGC Sanger data
The Michigan Advanced Genomics Core stopped performing Sanger Sequencing and Fragment Analysis in mid-March, 2020. Consequently, Sanger data from the AGC will be available until December 1, 2020, at which time it will be permanently deleted from our system. This grace …DNA Blog Posts