Biomedical Research Store
Updated 6/15/2020: The MSRBII, BSRB, LSI, and NCRC locations of the Biomedical Research Store are open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. We have updated our customer ordering procedures to reflect these guidelines. All orders except those for ethanol should be placed via our revised order form, including special orders and delivery orders (NCRC only). For ethanol orders, please continue to use the required ethanol purchase form. If you have questions, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easy, on-site procurement of enzymes, reagents, and kits
PPP and Related Products at the Biomedical Research Store
The Biomedical Research Stores are proud to offer a variety of personal protection products to labs and users with shortcode access. Exactly which products are available at each site may vary, but we will do our best to offer substitutions, or otherwise help you get what you need. Below is a list of products available through the stores:
Due to current demand and supply shortages, all glove sales are limited to 4 boxes per lab, 2 times per week. We have increased this limit from 2 boxes to better serve you.
- Medline Nitrile Exam Gloves
- SensiCare Extra Small, box of 250 – catalog number MDS2500H – $19.38
- SensiCare Small, box of 250 – catalog number MDS2501MH – $18.27
- SensiCare Medium, box of 250 – catalog number MDS2502MH – $18.27
- SensiCare Large, box of 250 – catalog number MDS2503MH – $18.27
- Fisher Nitrile Gloves
- Hourglass Freestyle size S, box of 100 – catalog number 18-041-141 – $9.64
- TrueForm Size M, box of 100 – catalog number N301343 – $9.64
- TrueForm Size L, box of 100 – catalog number N301344 – $9.64
- TrueForm Size XL, box of 100 – catalog number N301345 – $9.64
Other PPP and related products
- Disposable Faceshields, 10 count package – catalog number 12888202S – $36.19
- Disposable Faceshields, 200 count package – catalog number 12888202 – $723.79
- Facemasks with earloops, 50 count package – catalog number 12888001 – $35.30
- CiDehol ST 70% IPA spray bottle, 16 oz – catalog number 0435558 – $10.45
- CiDehol ST 70% IPA gallon bottle – catalog number 0435571 – $44.14
- Analytical Funnel – catalog number 1050017 – $3.67
Please call a location of your choice or email email@example.com with any questions.
Pick Up Order Procedures
All orders at the Biomedical Research Store will be via pick up for the foreseeable future, including special orders (delivery is still available at NCRC only). Placing a pick up order is similar to our process for placing special orders (ethanol orders should continue using the required customer ethanol order form):
- Download the Revised Order Form
- Fill it out in your PDF editor of choice and save it to your computer
- Attach that filled out and saved form to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A quick but important note about fillable pdf forms: When you click the link for the file, your browser will open the form for viewing and allow you to type in the fillable fields. But, your browser is not capable of permanently editing a pdf form. Attempting to use your browser will result in a blank form. You need to download the file to your computer, then open it in Adobe or another similar pdf program, then save it through that program.
From here, there are new policies to meet current guidelines:
- Wait for an email response that will include
- Your receipt
- Stock availability – supplies may be limited
- Possible designated pick up time(s) that meet social distancing requirements
- Come to the store at your designated pick up time
- Retrieve your products from the pick up cart/table outside the store
The store’s door will not be open. Please limit all communication to phone and email, and all orders to pick up orders.
Pick up time slots will be schedule from 10:00 am to 11:45 am, and 12:45 pm to 4:00 pm.
Please call your locaiton of choice or email email@example.com with any questions.
Biomedical Research Store Now Live in MiCores
On Monday, October 8, the Biomedical Research Store transitioned to MiCores, an online system from Agilent Technologies designed to streamline the process of ordering and billing for core purchases. The Store will be using the system for billing purposes only.
What does this mean for you?
- Beginning Monday, October 8, 2018, all users will need to be registered in MiCores in order to purchase products from the Biomedical Research Store.
- Most current users have been preloaded into the system. These users will already be affiliated with your lab and respective shortcodes that you have approved for their usage.
Attention PIs and Lab Managers: You may receive email requests (ongoing) from researchers in your lab who have affiliated themselves with you as PI in the MiCores system, in order for you to approve lab members and manage financial requests. The email from Agilent Technology will have specific instructions on how to approve the request and manage/approve funds for your researchers.
Note: If you need further instructions on this process, see the MiCores Learning Site.
Need to Create a New Account & Get Started in the System?
If you have new users logging in for the first time, follow these quick steps (PDF download).
If you would like to add members to your lab to place orders through the Store, please follow these steps (PDF download).
Supplies services for on-site researchers
The Biomedical Research Store is part of the Biomedical Research Core Facilities in the Office of Research. The Store provides University of Michigan research investigators with easy, on-site procurement of enzymes, reagents, and kits used in molecular, cell biology, and some protein chemistry. More than 700 different items from 13 vendors are stocked at five locations for immediate purchase. Our large-volume vendor contracts enable the Store to negotiate very low prices as well as eliminate all shipping and packaging fees.
Browse our complete products list and filter by your desired location to find out what is carried on hand at the Biomedical Research Store nearest you, or search for an individual product using the catalog number, description, or vendor. All you need to purchase from the Store is an account’s shortcode and authorization to use the account.
Not finding what you need among our in-stock products? Check our complete product list for all items available for order. Place a special order via fax, as an email attachment, or in person at one of our five convenient locations across the University of Michigan campus. Enjoy a discounted price and zero shipping fees!
Medical Science Research Building II
Phone: 734-615-5447 or 734-936-7626
C580 MSRB II
1150 West Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5613
Biomedical Sciences Research Building
Phone: 734-615-6072, or 734-615-6073
109 Zina Pitcher Place
Ann Arbor MI 48109-2200
North Campus Research Complex
NCRC Building 14, Room 179
2800 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2800
Life Sciences Institute
Phone: 734-615-5701 or 734-615-7530
210 Washtenaw Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2216
Biomedical Research Store by the Numbers
Total Items Available for Purchase
Principal Investigators Served (FY18)
Grants serviced (FY18)
Getting Started with Single Cell Multiomics: Simultaneous Epigenomic and Transcriptomic Profiling from the Same Cell
Presented by 10x Genomics and University of Michigan Advanced Genomics Core Deep insights into tumor biology, developmental biology, and other biological processes and disease states require a comprehensive view of gene expression patterns and their corresponding epigenetic regulation at single …Event
Flow Cytometry Core Updates
Greetings Customers, We hope that each of you is doing well and staying safe. I am reaching out today with some important updates to share from our Flow Cytometry Core. New Equipment Kiosk System Coming in March We are excited …Services Instrumentation Breaking News
Important Updates from the Microscopy Core
Greetings Microscopy Core Users, We hope that you are doing well and happy new year to you. Since we last spoke, the Microscopy Core has experienced a few changes so we wanted to reach out with some important updates. A …Services Breaking News