- The BSB, LSI and Brehm sample drop-off locations will be closed on Wednesday, November 21 and Monday, November 26, reopening on Tuesday, November 27.
- Effective Tuesday, September 25, the BSB sample drop-off location will move down the hall to 3232 BSB, C-Tower. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 10 am – noon.
- Recently relocated your lab? If so, please update your address and phone number in our database.
- The BRCF Store may be closed on Thursdays but our Sample Clerk will be at Brehm on Thursdays from 4:15 pm – 5:00 pm! Look for him outside the kitchen (room 8045).
- Effective June 5, 2018 the DNA Sequencing Core will no longer be offering HiSeq 2500 RAPID runs. We will continue offering HiSeq 2500 v4 and HiSeq 4000 services along with MiSeq, NextSeq and (coming soon) NovaSeq runs.
- Survey: Recently the DNA Sequencing core sent out a customer survey. We would greatly appreciate if our current and prospective clients could take the time to fill out the short survey (you can enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card).
- Please send all DNA Sequencing Core related questions, problems to email@example.com
- Next Day Rush Sanger Sequencing samples are accepted at BSB and LSI during normal site hours, and at MSRB II and NCRC BEFORE 3:45 pm
- ALL Illumina NGS projects require acknowledgment of Bioinformatic support BEFORE WE CAN ACCEPT YOUR SAMPLES. Please see Next Generation Sequencing FAQ for more information.
Welcome To DNA Sequencing Core
The University of Michigan DNA Sequencing Core Genomic Analysis Services, part of the Biomedical Research Core Facilities within the Office of Research, provides high-quality, low-cost DNA analysis for research clients on a recharge basis. The Core occupies approximately 10,000 square feet of laboratory space in the North Campus Research Complex, with 30 highly trained individuals on staff to help you. We operate a wide variety of instruments that perform DNA sequencing, genotyping, gene expression analysis, DNA quantification and quality control.
The DNA Sequencing Core is growing and changing to adapt to the latest technologies and trends on a daily basis. We are a full-service Core, and we work closely with our investigators to meet their needs and make their research as successful as possible.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions!
Welcome the NovaSeq 6000
The NovaSeq 6000 combines 2 color SBS chemistry with the nanowell patterned flow cell. There are four flow cells options, SP, S1, S2, and the S4. There are two different ways to load the Flow cell, individual lane loading (XP) …Services Instrumentation DNA Blog Posts
Meet Roland: Vector Core’s Newest Member
Roland Hilgarth, Ph.D. In August, Roland Hilgarth, Ph.D., joined the Vector Core as a Research Lab Specialist Lead. While growing up in St. Louis, MO, he often found himself in his parent’s garden, studying bugs and determining which could help, …Staff Breaking News