- Recently relocated your lab? If so, please update your address and phone number in our database.
- The BRCF Store may be closed on Thursdays but our Sample Clerk will be at Brehm on Thursdays from 4:15 pm – 5:00 pm! Look for him outside the kitchen (room 8045).
- Effective June 5, 2018 the DNA Sequencing Core will no longer be offering HiSeq 2500 RAPID runs. We will continue offering HiSeq 2500 v4 and HiSeq 4000 services along with MiSeq, NextSeq and (coming soon) NovaSeq runs.
- Survey: Recently the DNA Sequencing core sent out a customer survey. We would greatly appreciate if our current and prospective clients could take the time to fill out the short survey (you can enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card).
- Please send all DNA Sequencing Core related questions, problems to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next Day Rush Sanger Sequencing samples are accepted at BSB and LSI during normal site hours, and at MSRB II and NCRC BEFORE 3:45 pm
- ALL Illumina NGS projects require acknowledgment of Bioinformatic support BEFORE WE CAN ACCEPT YOUR SAMPLES. Please see Next Generation Sequencing FAQ for more information.
Welcome To DNA Sequencing Core
The University of Michigan DNA Sequencing Core Genomic Analysis Services, part of the Biomedical Research Core Facilities within the Office of Research, provides high-quality, low-cost DNA analysis for research clients on a recharge basis. The Core occupies approximately 10,000 square feet of laboratory space in the North Campus Research Complex, with 30 highly trained individuals on staff to help you. We operate a wide variety of instruments that perform DNA sequencing, genotyping, gene expression analysis, DNA quantification and quality control.
The DNA Sequencing Core is growing and changing to adapt to the latest technologies and trends on a daily basis. We are a full-service Core, and we work closely with our investigators to meet their needs and make their research as successful as possible.
Contact us at email@example.com, with any questions!
2018 Biomedical Research Core Facilities Holiday Hours
As in past years, many staff in the Biomedical Research Core Facilities will be using University Season Days between December 25 and January 1. The schedule for the individual Cores during the holidays is given below. Bioinformatics Core (B22 NCRC): Services …Event
The DNA Sequencing Core Welcomes New Leadership
A Message from Steve Kunkel, Ph.D., Interim Chief Scientific Director, and BRCF Leadership We are pleased to announce that Thomas Wilson MD, Ph.D., Professor of Pathology and Human Genetics, and Olivia Koues, Ph.D., have joined the University of Michigan Medical …Breaking News
In Focus: U-M Kidney Research Collaboration Works to Discover New Ways to Treat Kidney Disease
Featuring Dr. Matthias Kretzler; Warner-Lambert/Parke-Davis Professor of Medicine, Professor of Internal Medicine and Research Professor, Computation Medicine and Bioinformatics Chronic kidney disease (CKD), the progressive decline in kidney function, affects nearly 30 million Americans, with millions of others at increased risk …Research Profiles