The Metabolomics Core:
measures concentrations of small molecules in biological samples on a recharge basis. We strive to provide GLP-quality analytical services at competitive prices, and regularly customize assays to fit our clients’ needs. Services include initial consultation, method development, data collection, interpretation, and presentation. Core competencies include both targeted assays for many analyte classes as well as untargeted assays to evaluate the entire metabolome in biofluids and tissues, measurement of flux through various pathways using 13C-isotopomer analyses, and structural identification of isolated unknowns and potential biomarkers.
Getting Started with the Core
The process for initiating a project with the Metabolomics Core varies depending on your institutional affiliation. Please review our guidelines and forms. Once the necessary steps are completed, your request will be reviewed. A consultation will be scheduled to review the project/experimental design with you and to provide a quote.
Submit Your Samples
For general guidelines in sample collection for metabolomics studies and specific instructions on how to submit your samples, please contact our core to download these important documents.
What We Do
- Provide researchers assistance in the design and execution of experiments requiring the identification and quantification of metabolites.
- Provide support for the analysis of spectral output data.
- Provide statistical support through consultation, collaboration, and online tools.
- Provide gas and liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry (GC and LC MS) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) based metabolomic analysis.
- Provide tools for the normalization and quantification of identified and unidentified metabolites.
- Provide bioinformatics tools to access information about metabolites, to visually analyze systems-level relationships between metabolites and ’omics data.
Training and Grants
- Provide a variety of educational opportunities for students, fellows, and faculty in the field of metabolomics research.
- Provide small and larger Pilot/Feasibility (P/F) grants to stimulate innovative efforts to incorporate metabolomics into basic, translational, and clinical research protocols.
- Work with other Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Cores (RCMRC)s and the Metabolomics Consortium Data Repository and Coordinating Center (DRCC) to develop standard protocols for metabolomic data annotation, storage, and dissemination.
BRCF Core Holiday Hours for November 2023
In observance of the upcoming November holidays, many of our cores have adjusted their operations. If you have questions about hours or access, please use the core’s contact information listed below. Advanced Genomics Core Core services will be unavailable after …Breaking News
AGC Onboards Xenium!
The Advanced Genomics Core has acquired the 10x Genomics Xenium, an instrument that enables transcriptomic analysis at a subcellular level while maintaining spatial context. This technology comes with pre-validated biologically relevant targets for tissue panels, and up to 100 additional …Products Breaking News AGC Blog Posts