- This event has passed.
Bioinformatics Core Virtual 4-Day Workshop: RNA-Seq Demystified (Part 3)
April 26, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$100.00
About this Event
4-Day Workshop Schedule:
- 4/19-4/20, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM: Intro to BASH/R (prerequisite)
- 4/26-4/27, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM: Hands-On RNA-Seq Analysis
About the Workshop:
This series of virtual, hands-on workshops builds on the 3/29 “A Gentle Introduction to Bulk RNA-Seq” webinar. It is targeted toward researchers who would like to be able to run RNA-Seq analysis on their own; it assumes only a basic familiarity with genetics. We will begin with a two-day introduction to the fundamentals of using BASH and R (hosted by Dr. Evan Snitkin of UM Microbiology and Immunology/CCMB). The series concludes with two half-day sessions that introduce the basic steps in analyzing differential gene expression in bulk RNA-Seq data.
By the end of the series, attendees will be able to:
- Use the command line and R to navigate, analyze, and visualize data files.
- Transform raw sequencing data into annotated differential expression values using a suite of open-source tools.
- Visualize and interpret common data quality problems and understand their impact and possible mitigations.
We will provide sample data. Attendees will use their own workstation/laptop to run the tools; we will provide setup instructions and assistance in advance of the workshop. The workshop will be conducted over Zoom; Zoom recordings and digital course content will be made available to attendees. (Attendees must have reliable access to the internet.)